Is your business the answer?
We take a small dive into the importance of SEO for a new online store.
Despite the fact that SEO has the highest ROI of any ecommerce marketing campaign, most online shops are put together with little to no consideration of search engines
But it doesn't have to be hard, SEO can be simple.
Some basic tips to start include:
Pick a good keyword to focus on...⠀
Research the competition...⠀
Write the best content...⠀
Put the keyword in your page title...⠀
Put the keyword in your header...⠀
Put the keyword in the name and alt-tag of your image...⠀
Use the keyword in the URL and in the post...
These things are simple steps to make your website more likeable for search engines.
However they aren't the end all solution, SEO is a long term game and something you must stick at for 3-6 months to see results.
On your journey to success we advise you submit your website to google search console, which is a tool literally built just to help you with your SEO. It gives suggestions on what keywords you are being shown in the listings for and which keyword searches are making people click on your website. This data can be used to see your click through rate and help you improve on which words to start including more of in your meta title, meta description as well as the writing of your content.
The best ecommerce SEO strategy includes:
- Keyword research to find the types of keywords customers are searching.
- Site architecture based on your keyword research.
- On-Page SEO through strategic keyword optimization in meta tags and content.
- Technical SEO to help ensure search engines can crawl your site efficiently.
- Local SEO to help drive local organic traffic (if you have a brick and mortar).
- Content marketing to drive additional organic visitors.
- Link Building to help improve the authority of your website.
- Measuring SEO Success with tools like Google Analytics and Ahrefs.